- Brouns, F., Buul van, V., Health effects of wheat lectins: A review. Journal of Cereal Science (2014), 1-6
- Brouns, F., Buul van, V., Shewry, P., Does wheat make us fat and sick? Journal of Cereal Science (2013), 1-7
- Fardet, A., New hypotheses for the health-protective mechanisms of whole-grain cereals: what is beyond fibre? Nutrition Research Reviews (2010), 23: 65-134 New hypotheses for the health-protective mechanisms of whole-grain cereals: what is beyond fibre?
- Hauner, H., et al. Evidence-based guideline of the German Nutrition Society: Carbohydrate intake and prevention of nutrition-related diseases. Annals of Nutrition and Metaolism (2012), 60(suppl 1): 1-58
- Huang, T., Xu, Min., Lee, A., Cho, S., Qi, L., Consumption of whole grains and cereal fiber and total and cause-specific mortality: prospective analysis of 367,442 individuals. BMC Medicine (2015), 13:59
- Jervis, M., Jervis, S., Guthrie, B., Drake, M., Determining children's perceptions, opinions and attitudes for sliced sandwich breads. Journal of Sensory Studies (2014), 29: 351-361.
Khan, T. A., & Sievenpiper, J. L. (2016). Controversies about sugars: results from systematic reviews and meta-analyses on obesity, cardiometabolic disease and diabetes. European journal of nutrition, 55(2), 25-43.
- van Kleef, et al. Nudging children towards whole wheat bread: a field experiment on the influence of fun breadroll shape on breakfast consumption. BMC Public Health (2014), 14:906
- Kumar, K., Sinha, A., Makkar, H., Becker, K., Dietary roles of phytate and phytase in human nutrition: a review. Food Chemistry 120 (2010), 945-959
- Ley, S., Hamdy, O., Mohan, V., Hu, F., Prevention and management of type 2 diabetes: dietary components and nutritional strategy. Lancet (2014), 383: 1999-2007.
- Ma. et al. Single component versus multicomponent dietary goals for the metabolic syndrome. Ann Intern Med. (2015), 162: 248-257
- Marques, et al. Comparison of glycemic index of spelt and wheat bread in human volunteers. Food Chemistry (2007), 100: 1265-1271
- RUSTGI Sachin, Peter SHEWRY, Fred BROUNS, Lomme DELEU and Jan A. DELCOUR. Wheat seed proteins - factors influencing their content, composition, and technological properties, and strategies to reduce adverse reactions. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Scicene abd Food Safety, Vol 18, Sept 2019.
Sadeghi, O., Sadeghian, M., Rahmani, S., Maleki, V., Larijani, B., & Esmaillzadeh, A. (2020). Whole-grain consumption does not affect obesity measures: An updated systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Advances in Nutrition, 11(2), 280-292.
Seidelmann, S. B., Claggett, B., Cheng, S., Henglin, M., Shah, A., Steffen, L. M., ... & Solomon, S. D. (2018). Dietary carbohydrate intake and mortality: a prospective cohort study and meta-analysis. The Lancet Public Health, 3(9), e419-e428.
Stephen, A. M. et al. (2017). Dietary fibre in Europe: current state of knowledge on definitions, sources, recommendations, intakes and relationships to health. Nutrition research reviews, 30(2), 149-190.
- Wu, et al. Association Between Dietary Whole Grain Intake and Risk of Mortality. http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2087877